Micrel Medical Devices, is a medical technology company founded in 1980. For more than 35 years, the company has been developing cutting edge medical technology and has become a well-known and significant player in the niche market of drug infusion devices, called “infusion pumps”.
Micrel Medical Devices designs, develops, manufactures and markets ambulatory infusion pumps and administration sets. Through these devices, preset doses of pharmaceutical substances are delivered to patients, most commonly intravenously (IV), during home or hospital based therapy. Micrel specializes in small ambulatory infusion pumps which allow patients to be mobile during treatment. Some of the main therapeutic applications of its products are post-operative pain management, thalassemia, chemotherapy, palliative care, immunodeficiency, parenteral nutrition and Parkinson’s disease.
The company’s strengths come from a combination of strong - market driven - R&D culture and flexible manufacturing. The firm maintains the highest standards of quality for its products. All products are CE marked and the firm holds ISO 9001, ISO13485 and ISO 14001 certifications.
Target Partners & Collaborations
Micrel Medical Devices SA is continuously innovating in order to offer a better quality of life to patients under ambulatory infusion therapies all over the world. We therefore always welcome challenging technology or business ideas and problems from potential partners that we can transform together into products and solutions.
We use our medical electronics and infusion technology expertise to address specific therapy requests by new partners through customized developments or modifications to standard products. We bring new ideas to life and offer alternatives and significant improvements to currently existing healthcare practices.
We are always looking to work with partners such as:
- Pharmaceutical firms looking for new or improved drug delivery methods and drug-device combinations as well as therapy effects feedback collection through our MicrelCare infusion control and monitoring system.
- Medical Device Manufacturers, OEM or other Technology firms looking for partners to work on new product development in Healthcare.
- Physicians, other healthcare professionals or patient groups as well as Hospitals and Home Care Providers who are looking for better solutions to their current healthcare practices and therapies.
- Research Centers and Universities seeking to commercialise research outcome.
- Medical Device Distributors from all over the world, with deep commercial knowledge of their markets, which target new business opportunities.
- Other business development partners.
Technologies / Services offered or sought
Micrel Medical Devices manufactures and markets two main types of ambulatory infusion devices (pumps): MP™.
Micrel Medical Devices manufactures and markets two main types of ambulatory infusion devices (pumps): MP™ .(MICROPUMP™) syringe pumps and RYTHMIC™ peristaltic pumps, in addition to the disposable administration sets, which accompany the RYTHMIC™ pumps.
These devices are used, during hospital or home care treatment, for the infusion of a variety of drugs in applications such Post-operative Pain Management, Palliative Care, Parenteral Nutrition, Immunotherapy, Chemotherapy, Parkinson’s disease, Thalassemia, Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (PPH) and other infusion therapies.
Micrel has also introduced a unique e-health platform for remote infusion therapy management for hospital and homecare settings (telemedicine system), which simplifies care workflow and brings caregivers closer to the patients. All the above technologies are patented with more than 15 patents worldwide.